For 2019, Active Surrey have introduced two brand new award categories.
- Saputo Dairy UK - Active Community Project of the Year
- Create Development - Active School Innovation of the Year
Saputo Dairy UK - Active Community Project of the Year Award
This award is for a project that can:
1. Evidence a sustainable increase in activity levels of Surrey residents
2. Show innovation to help participants overcome barriers
3. Have had a broader impact beyond activity levels (physical wellbeing, mental wellbeing, individual development, social/community development, economic development)
Create Development - Active School Innovation of the Year
This award will recognise a school (Key Stage 1-2) that has shown exceptional commitment, creativity and innovation to PE, school sport and/or physical activity over the past academic year, enabling pupils, particularly those who need it most, to be more active, more often. Successful schools will have a demonstrated tracked record in delivering at least one of the following:
1. A creative approach to engaging children and young people, including the less active, in PE, school sport and physical activity.
2. The integration of physical activity and healthy lifestyles across the whole school day and the promotion of the benefits of daily physical activity.
3. Using sport and physical activity as a tool to make a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of children and young people (including mental health).
4. An increase in the proportion of young people from under-represented groups taking part in regular physical activity.
5. Delivering programmes to encourage young people and their families to be active together