This award will recognise a school (Key Stage 1-2) that has shown exceptional commitment, creativity and innovation to PE, school sport and/or physical activity over the past academic year, enabling pupils, particularly those who need it most, to be more active, more often. Successful schools will have a demonstrated tracked record in delivering at least one of the following:
1. A creative approach to engaging children and young people, including the less active, in PE, school sport and physical activity.
2. The integration of physical activity and healthy lifestyles across the whole school day and the promotion of the benefits of daily physical activity.
3. Using sport and physical activity as a tool to make a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of children and young people (including mental health).
4. An increase in the proportion of young people from under-represented groups taking part in regular physical activity.
5. Delivering programmes to encourage young people and their families to be active together.
- Nominees must be a Surrey school
- All achievements must have taken place between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019
- Nominees are required to meet a minimum of 1 criteria from the list above to be considered for the award
- The decision of the independent selection panel is final and will be based on the information provided within this application. The panel will select 4 applications which will go to a public vote to decide the winner.
- Before nominating, you MUST have got the permission of your nominee to pass on their details. For data security we cannot handle any nomination for which permission hasn’t been granted
- Entries must be received no later than midnight on 20 October 2019